My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over a year and a half. If there’s anything I’ve learned so far, it’s that it really is the little things that make a relationship worthwhile.
- He buys you little things that remind him of you. Today, Paden came home and had bought new puzzles for us to work on and a new coloring book for me, simply because he saw it on the shelf and thought of me.
- He holds the door open and carries all the grocery bags. Chivalry is not dead, ladies!!!
- He lets you play your music in the car. Paden hates country music, but I love it. When we’re in the car though, he will let me play whatever I want. That’s not to say it doesn’t come with a little persuasion to let me do so, but we’ll pretend it doesn’t. Most of the time he will let me jam out with little to no opposition.
- He calls you even when he knows you’re not awake. A lot of the time, Paden has to close at work which means he doesn’t get off until 1:00 in the morning. And even though he knows I’m asleep at that time, he still calls on the off chance that I might answer. I love those phone calls, even if I am half asleep.
- He gets a little upset when you beat him at a video game. I’m not saying that it happens very often, but when it does, it’s kind of cute to watch him stomp around and swear it was luck on my part.
- You watch other people’s children in public and tell each other your kids will never act that way. Okay, so it might be a big deal to talk about the future but it makes me giddy to think about the fact that he has the same plans for our future that I do.
- You love/hate all the same TV show characters. Game of Thrones is a big part of our lives and the fact that we hate all the same people in that show is freaking awesome.
- You send each other funny pictures throughout the day. Paden is notorious for this… he has a million ugly pictures of me that I have seen, and probably a thousand more that I haven’t. And he likes to send them to me throughout the day because he knows I hate it.
- You’re okay with silence. There’s something peaceful about spending an afternoon snuggling in bed, just enjoying being in each other’s presence. Even though there a million things you could talk about, you enjoy just being close to one another.